Objective: The direct objective of the Project Superintendent at BGL Contractors is to provide overall on-site management, technical and administrative direction at the site level. To enforce the beliefs, procedures and policies of the company and ensure the project is constructed in accordance with budget, design, and schedule.
- Responsible for all on site activities on a daily basis.
- Ensure productivity and monitor efficiency of employees and subcontractors to ensure project schedules, planning and budgets are maintained.
- Contribute to the development of a construction “plan” and manage subcontractor activities.
- Ensure compliance with design and contract requirements.
- Supervise all construction and field engineering activities.
- Assume responsibility for project construction schedule, budgets and commissioning of project systems.
- Ensure all workmanship complies with company and project standards.
- Ensure compliance of all on site personnel with the BGL Contractors Health and Saftey Program to create a safe working environment and adhere to all of the safety record keeping requirements.
- Assist in resolution of conflicts arising for work interferences and schedule and budget difficulties.
Directive: The Project Superintendent, reporting to the Project Manager, will lead all site personnel and subtrades to the successful completion of the construction project. Interface with consultants, owners, subtrades, suppliers, governing authorities and the various company departments to assist the Project Management department in establishing a profitable project in accordance with the construction contract. Further responsibility will be as directed by superiors to allow for project success.